Wednesday 13 February 2013

Our Get-Away Trip

We are all set for the road trip. Faith woke up early excited about the road trip which we told her about. After her morning milk, she quickly went to get changed, carrying her back and very ready to go.
We set off at around 8am and planned to have prata for breakfast at Pasir Panjang but it was already sold out when we got there. We drove around and finally settled to have prata at West Coast where I met Linda’s friend Fahiza and found out that is her dad’s shop.

After breakfast, we set off to our road trip. It was quite a smooth drive but too bad, I wasn’t able to help much. I managed to put Faith to sleep on her child seat and I took over the wheels from hubby as he was feeling sleepy after about an hour of drive. It was my very first time driving our 2 year old car as we bought it when I was then pregnant with Faith. The feel of driving this car was great till Faith woke up! She found my hubby seated at the back seat with her and she was furious! She cried so loud that she almost choked!

I couldn’t concentrate as she was crying so hard that she ignored my hubby totally. I tried to talk her out but she refused to listen and insisted that I sit her with. After driving about 10km, I finally found a rest area at the expressway to return the wheel to hubby. Faith stopped crying the moment she sat on my lap. She told me to hug her tight and kept telling me ‘I want Mummy ONLY, mummy cannot drive!’ Win already lor!!

We arrived at Grand Lexis Port Dickson at around 2:45pm but our room was not ready. We were told to move around the hotel or head out as the hotel staff will contact us when our room is ready. We took the chance to check out the hotel surroundings and it was not too bad. After about one and the half hour of waiting, I was fed up as it was such a waste of time waiting for our room.

I approached the Front Desk and demanded for a room immediately though they told me that the house-keeping are trying their best… finally, I received a call from the hotel and went to get our keys. When we arrived at our room, I was unhappy again as I clearly requested for the 2nd floor with an outdoor pool but they gave me the one with indoor pool. I went back to the Front Desk and told them to change as my request was reflected in their system too. Finally after much fighting with the Front Desk, we settled down at the room that we requested.
We did not waste any time as Faith wanted to take a dip since we arrived. She quickly changed into her swimming outfit and started swimming with her dad outside our room. The room was really big and nice with private pool. Simply love it!
I did some research on the restaurants in Port Dickson and we decided to try the Italian Restaurant in another hotel. We took a drive to Thistle Hotel and had our dinner at Glass since we are not planning to have meat today as it was Ash Wednesday. Thistle Hotel is very new and nice hotel. Glass was great too though it was a very small restaurant with less than 20 tables.
We browsed and ordered calamari, mushroom soup, baked fish with pasta, spinach pasta with pesto sauce, soft shell crab risotto. The dishes tasted pretty good and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Faith too loved the spinach pasta with pesto sauce and we were happy that she ate quite a portion. *winks*

No comments: