Sunday 10 February 2013

First Day Of The SNAKE Year

Gong Hei Fatt Choi! This will be the greetings that many will be using from today till 24th Feb. As the first day of CNY, my family tradition will start the morning by greeting our parents over the phone before we visit them later.


We taught Faith how to greet us and we gave her ang pow as the start of the CNY. She received it with joy and passed it back to me asking me to keep for her. Then hubby called our parents to greet them and Faith greeted to her grandparents too.

We prepared and went to cousin’s place for luncheon this year and they prepared many delicious foods as usual. My mum made chicken curry while my gu-jie prepared Lohan zai. The rest of the dishes were prepared by my cousin in law.
After luncheon, we had an unexpected entertainment by Zoe. She kindly did us a lion dance performance with the help of hubby. We enjoyed watching the young ones performing while having our desserts contributed by me… *winks*


We continued our visiting to uncle’s place and it was great to meet with our cousins whom we get to meet only once a year. It is really nice to chat with them and kept one another updated on what we are doing. Our visitation did not end here.

We began the 2nd half of our visiting at hubby’s aunt’s place and though Faith was feeling tired and sleepy due to the visitations, she kept herself awake (though cranky) and treated herself to those CNY goodies. I always look forward to the Yu Sheng tossing at his aunt's place as it was homemade by his uncle's wife. The Yu Sheng is made with Love and truly delicious! Yes, that would be my 7th time... *winks*

It was indeed a tiring day for all of us and we brought dinner so that our little one could take some rest. After dinner, hubby decided to have a pre-birthday celebration for me as there was a cake in our fridge which was given by one of the hotels. Little Faith was happy to sing along with her Papa and wished me happy birthday in advance.
Hereby, wishing you & your family a very Happy, Prosperous & Healthy New Year! Huat ahhhhH!!!!

No comments: