Monday 11 February 2013

Day 2 Of CNY

Chinese New Year visitation ended on my side but we continued to visit hubby’s aunt’s place today. We headed out to luncheon at his aunt’s place and when we arrived, it was already overcrowded though they were staying in an EM at Bishan.


We stayed for a while as more relatives are arriving and there weren’t much space for us to sit or hang around the house. We decided to leave after our lunch and went to visit Maggie, my younger sister in law whom just delivered her second princess.
I was really excited to see baby Shevelle for the first time and she was soundly asleep. She looked so much like her sister Shevaun and a very good size for a new born. The big sister Genevive entertained the two young ones to distract them from disturbing the baby. They were happily playing chef a corner while the adults sat around to chat.

As for dinner, hubby brought us to La Pizzaiola to celebrate my birthday. It was my mum’s first time there and was worried that she might not enjoy. We ordered our favourite dishes like Burratina with Parma ham, mixed pizza of Diavola & Tuna & Onions, squid ink risotto & roasted cod fish.


We are very glad that my mum enjoyed all the dishes we ordered and she even mentioned that she would like to visit again to try other pizzas. It was a co-incident that I bump into my colleague Linda Peh who visited with her family too and they were given the seat behind us. Though I have been to this restaurant many times but I am happy to spend my birthday dinner there as I managed to have my favourite food on my special day.
Hubby bought me a birthday cake to complete the celebration. The happiest person in the house would be little Faith. She happily sang the birthday song and wanted to cut the cake with me. It was indeed a simple yet PERFECT celebration!
Happy birthday to myself! Cheers!

No comments: