Friday 1 May 2009

Short Weekend Get-Away

It was a long weekend and we thought it would be nice to have a short get-away to somewhere nearby… Finally, we decided on heading down to Port Dickson which is about 238 km away from Singapore.


We got up early on Friday morning and set off around 7:20am. We drove to Woodlands causeway which was nearer from our place and man… it was already filled with cars! However, it didn’t take us too long to clear the custom… well done Malaysia!

It took us about 3 hours plus to drive before arriving at Port Dickson. After checking ourselves in at Avillion Water Chalet, we took our lunch at the pool side while waiting for our room to be ready. It didn’t take us long to decide our lunch as both were eyeing on their Nasi Gorgeng… It didn’t go wrong at all as it was delicious.


Our room was just above the sea and was cozy. It has a four-poster King sized bed and a pangkin daybed. As ours was the water chalet, we had a partial sea view balcony. What I loved about the room was the bathroom… it was an open shower concept where you can shower underneath the clear blue sky or stars in the night.



We walked around the resort and finally took our rest at the adult pool. While I was relaxing myself at a corner, I could feel that someone was watching… the moment I opened my eyes, indeed, there was a pair of EYES looking right at me! I let out a loud scream as it was no human but a huge peacock! My goodness… I was shocked by a BIRD! When I screamed, the peacock behaved as if it was normal and it walked round my beach bench and POSED! Then it moved off to the nearby benches where some guest started taking picture of it and it POSED again! This peacock certainly ruined my beauty rest in the late afternoon and we decided to check out Port Dickson town.


Seaview Restaurant was one of the popular seafood restaurants in Port Dickson. We were given one of the best seats in the house where we could view the beautiful sunset while dining. The restaurant was really crowded; mostly tourists.



We ordered fried salted egg prawns, fish maw with mushrooms, baby kai lan with garlic and their house special noodles. I have to say that the food were delicious and extremely valued for money. If we were to have the same dishes in SIN, it probably cost us about $60 in total excluding beer but the bill over there came up to SD40 including three drinks and one beer. Fantastic deal!!





We had an early night after a long day of driving and a wonderful dinner; of course… I have to recover from the shock I got at the poolside…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaa... everyone must be looking at u rite? lols.. funny peacock..

amanda~