Wednesday 11 February 2009

My Birthday Part II

When hubby picked me up in the evening, I had no idea where we were heading to for dinner as he wanted to give me a surprise. As he drove, I could roughly guess the venue but was not too sure until we were nearer.

Yes, we arrived at Dempsey Road and I already knew which restaurant… he was pretty surprised when I asked him… anyway, I was right about the venue! Dempsey Road’s direction is really messy but parking else was alright… (Maybe it was mid-week).

La Forketta, an Italian restaurant which we planned to try but couldn’t find a chance. I was really impressed by the cool interior décor and not forgetting the romantic outdoor dining. When I was browsing through the menu after ordering two glasses of house wine, I thought the menu looked good but man, it was pretty costly. (sighz… its FINE Dinning!)


After browsing through for a good 10 minutes, we finally decided to order a Parma Ham with rock melon and calamari for starters to share. Hubby ordered his favorite Carbonara and I had Spaghetti with clams cooked with white wine. While waiting for our food to be served, we enjoyed the bread basket (yes, you have to pay for it).





It didn’t take long for them to serve our Parma Ham with rock melon. This is one of my favorite starters apart from calamari. The Parma Ham is heavenly delicious and it was definitely a great combination with the sweet rock melons. I thought the calamari was way too costly ($35) and the taste was just normal.


I enjoyed my main dish very much – Spaghetti with clams cooked with white wine. It was really good and worth the $25 whereas hubby’s Carbonara wasn’t that fantastic. The taste was good but it was only served with countable chopped thick bacons!!




I was surprised when the ‘dessert’ was served with a little candle… Yes, hubby ordered a small slice of blueberry cheesecake to act as my birthday cake. So sweet!!! He then softly sang me a birthday song, I made the wish and we shared the pretty delicious cheesecake.


After settling down at home, I decided to open up my gifts from friends and family members. It was one of those ‘childlike’ moments… hahhahaahahaha…..

Thank you baby for the wonderful evening… I enjoyed thoroughly. Love you.

2 comments:

baubles bangles and beads said...

Awww....you both certainly looked like you enjoyed yourselves thoroughly!!!! The food pics are really making me hungry now!!!

Hahahha...i loved the way you placed Ron's pressie for you! So funny...SIDEWAYS ..just like her crab steps!!!!!

ps. hope you like my pressie. used it already not?

Vee said...

hahahaah.. it had to be at the side mah coz' the color blend in with the bag.. hehehe.. love yr gift.. will start using.. *muaks*