Wednesday 11 February 2009

My Birthday Part I

I woke up early this morning feeling fresh though noticing the ‘numbers’ are getting bigger; but I am feeling YOUNG. While getting ready for work, mum came greeting me “Happy Birthday Girl” and gave an Ang Pao… mmmh… I felt all YOUNG again. Before setting off, I took my time to have one of the two Red ‘colored’ eggs which mum prepared for me (it’s a tradition la).

When I arrived at work, my close colleagues came giving me hugs and warm greetings/wishes. The sms from friends today were the highest in history and I really felt so warmed & loved by so many friends. I was called to the reception at the quarter of the morning and was surprised to receive a cake from Mandarin Oriental Hotel. I was really speechless as I wasn’t expecting that at all.

I thought it would be nice to give my close buddies at work a treat and we decided to lunch instead. Linda & my darling Angie went out to get us lunch and man… it was a small feast and birthday celebration at our very own dining room. Though no posh restaurant or fine dining but it was absolutely enjoyable.















Happy moments passed really fast and I received another call from the reception in the mid-afternoon. For a moment, I thought it was the Conrad room service people who came to pack up as I had a few guest from Japan having meeting in our office. I was really surprised to see the Sales Manager and the Director of Sales from Conrad instead. They came with a cake and a bouquet of beautiful flowers. Though I wasn’t the type who loves flowers but that bouquet was really stunning!




I was rather shy to bring the flowers to dinner but thanks to Ah K who provided me a big paper bag to hide my cake at least…

Thank you pals for the wonderful moments, the wishes and the gifts. Cheers!

4 comments:

Just Me said...

You'd better feel damn honoured man! Conrad very very very seldom give cakes to clients for birthday one lor. Let alone flowers. Only very few clients receive cakes and flowers from the hotel and these usually come from the GM's office. Those that come from Sales & Marketing in the 5 years that I was there I can count with the fingers on both hands and still have some extra fingers left! You damn honoured can! See, BS doesn't treat you too shabbily right? LOL!!!

baubles bangles and beads said...

WOW!!!
Saw the 'sio bak and char siew' spread lah...
chinese new year ah! so funny!

Happy Birthday Pal...
GOD bless and keep you in HIS tender loving care always....

WE LOVE YOU MUCHIE!
The Tans (formerly from Dover, now transitting in Race Course!)

Vee said...

Sista.. yeps.. i was indeed honored to receive both flowers and cakes man.. i was totally surprised. mmh.. BS so far so good la.. at least he listens these days. *smiles*

Vee said...

yo mama... thanks for the wishes and greetings.

hahahaha.. yep, its very CNY lor but we enjoyed very much.

Love you guys too...