Tuesday 17 February 2009

Double Bay

I was invited to dine with my close buddy Jessie to celebrate my birthday though it’s over! She brought me to the latest Australian Restaurant at City Hall. Double Bay is newly opened and today was our virgin visit though we passed by it everyday on our way to office.



It wasn’t crowded when we arrived as I guess we were pretty early for dinner. As soon as we were seated, I asked the waiter what was their specialty and I was told ‘FISH & CHIPS’. For a moment I was like… ‘WHAT?’ He explained that their fish & chips were different from others as they were cooked in a very special way.

When I browsed through the menu, almost everything involved FISH. Anyway, we decided to order a Caesar Salad to share. I ordered the Australian Barramundi while Jessie had Barred Cod; both with beer batter. Soon after, I ordered a house white wine to go with my fish and Jessie had her S.P.G… aka Lychee Martini… which tasted like cough syrup!!!



Caesar Salad was surprising sweet… plain and not as tasty as it looked. At a glance, our fish & chips looked really normal with those chunky fries and a touch of salad. I have to say that my Australian Barramundi was pretty good and unusual. The fish was not dry but tasted as if it was steamed. Jessie liked her Barred Cod (Grouper) too but she said that it was quite oily and she didn’t like the chunky fries…




We were so stuffed and didn’t have space for dessert which was such a pity. We are sure to be back for desserts soon. I kind of like the concept as it was really layback and comfortable. The interior décor was simple yet cozy. Mmmh…. will be planning for the next visit…

Thank you Ah Neh for the great dinner!!!

No comments: