Sunday 8 February 2009

CNY Gathering At Jessie’s Place

It’s a yearly affair that Jessie would invite us to her place for CNY gathering. This year is not exceptional.

Set off from home to buy Yu Sheng to her place in the afternoon and when I arrived at her place, my colleagues were already there… for once, they were early!! Hahaahahahah…. Anyway, she & her family prepared so much food for us and I was really happy to see my favorite ‘Tang Hoon’ laying in the kitchen stove.

Obviously that was the dish I attacked first and then the rest of them later. We sat around and chatted as Patrick brought his GF to her place, so did Gerald. It was my first time meeting them and they were friendly. I was really happy for PO who recently attached… hahhaha… Cheers PO!



Since most were around, we prepared the yusheng and started to Loi Hei. Mmmh… it would be my 13th times and my last time for this year. Thirteen in Cantonese is an auspicious number and I would stay that way.



Anyway, we started off the card games quickly as some were leaving for other appointments. It was really fun and PO was the banker but later lost pretty much. We continued till early evening. At the end of the game, it was a small winning for me and my colleague whereas some lost.

It was one fun gathering though the numbers weren’t big this year. We’ll be back again next year!!

No comments: