Friday 21 November 2008

Yummy Astons

Haven’t had steaks for quite awhile unless it’s a celebration or similar sort of occasion. My friend recommended me to try out Astons as it’s not only cheap but tasted really good. For a moment, I was wondering where this Astons is located and how ‘cheap’ are their steaks. I remembered there was this outlet at Katong area but usually very crowded and the queue was really long.

Later did I found out that Astons can be found some parts of Singapore and they are usually located at Kopitam! Really funny isn’t it. Told hubby about it and we went. We decided to try it out at one of their branches at Tampines.

When we arrived, it was indeed a kopitam and saw this little outlet at the corner. There were queues but it moved pretty fast. I noticed that many who were seated were waiting for their food too and I thought to myself… man… ‘Their business is good but mmmh… do I have to wait long for my food’…

About 10 minutes after we placed our orders at the counter, the soup was served. The soup of the day was mushroom soup and it was served with 2 slices of garlic bread. The soup tasted good and creamy which was quite similar to Jack’s Place. Then our medium rare Rib-Eye was served shortly after. My 1st impression of my steak was really good. The mushroom gravy aroma was great though the presentation of the dish was very normal.

The meat was really tender with the first cut and it gave me satisfaction at my first bite. Simply awesome!!! The piece of rib eye portion was perfect; the mash potato was tasty but didn’t really enjoy the corn though… it was too SOFT! In fact, I preferred hubby’s spicy fries instead.





This dinner cost us only $28 for 2 and was really delicious. mmmh… I will try out their other items for my next visit… perhaps to other outlets. *winks*

No comments: