Sunday 9 November 2008

SVDP Outing

I had an enjoyable day today, thanks to Society of St. Vincent de Paul. They kindly organized an outing for the poor and old to ride on the Duck Tour and the Singapore Flyer.

We met at BSC at around 3:30pm and hubby was really busy taking attendance since then and I had a chat with church friends. It was really nice to see many elderly who were able to make it down for this trip.

When everyone arrived, we set off to Suntec Convention Centre by coach and I expected it to be crowded on a Sunday. Our Duck Tour ride was scheduled at 5:01pm and it was one great ride though I always thought it was quite silly for a Singaporean to ride on it… alright… I was wrong! This 'Katrina' Duck Tour served both land and sea tour which was pretty interesting. I enjoyed the Duck Tour pretty much perhaps we had a witty and great guide, Thomas. During the ride, he talked about the history and explained the places of interest along the Kallang / Singapore River. I was surprised that there was some stuff I didn’t know about Singapore….









After the ride, we hopped onto the Hippo Bus where it was arranged to ferry us to the Singapore Flyer for our dinner and the ride. It was my 1st time taking the Hippo Bus too and I thought it was cool. Guess taking that bus ride wasn’t too bad in the evening.



A very simple and casual dinner at Madam Lin’s was alright and we hopped onto the Singapore Flyer at 7pm. This would be my 2nd time riding but 1st at night. The night view of Singapore is pretty but I personally preferred the day ride as I was able to see the little of Indonesia which was kind of cool.







The day ended back to church by coach and everyone was happy and some told me that they had a fantastic time. I felt really happy to be part of this day trip.

Thank you SVDP and Uncle Joe for your perfect arrangements!

4 comments:

Jill said...

wow~~~~~

sporty tangee said...

Hmm.. Is it SDP or SVP?

Vee said...

hahahaha... oh ya hor.. kekeke..

sporty tangee said...

Oops.. No D lah...