Monday 3 September 2007

Donuts Craze


Donuts, donuts & more donuts!!! These days, you can easily find donuts at your nearest shopping malls, MRT stations and now even at your neighborhood. Really, I found one shop that is selling donuts at Hougang opposite the bus interchange. It’s called ‘Donuts Donuts’. They have all the same donut design as Donut Factory, Carrefour style, Missy Donuts and even Dunkin Donuts. Best of all, no need to queue…

Munchy Donuts have just joined the donut WAR around Suntec area today. Within this small business district, we have 2 big names selling donuts & 1 trying to make a name out of this craze! We have the ever so famous Donut Factory, now the Munchy Donuts & the donuts from Carrefour. Man… from my point of view, they are just DONUTS la…



They are officially opened today and my colleague took the time to join the queue and bought us some to try. Well, she told me that they have about 20 different flavors but left a few to choose from when it was her turn. She bought ½ dozens for $6.50 which is the norm.

Well, I was offered the Strawberry Yogurt Donut from the little brown box. The texture of the donut was really soft and yummy but it was ruined by the taste of the super sweet strawberry coating which might cause me diabetes. It’s too sweet for my taste.

Honestly, I am no donut fan but it was like a fast moving 'fashion' where you can get fancy looking donuts everywhere but yet have to queue up for hours. From what I have tasted, I still prefer the donuts from Donut Factory if I have to pick one.

Will you take the time to queue for hours just for donuts? Nay... bet you have better stuff to do then to queue ya…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya man.. i see the queue only ah, peng san..

mann

Anonymous said...

i prefer the dONuTs selling @ tAka basement. the shop is called 'POP DOH DONUT HOUSE'..nO nId tO 'Q' is the bEsT tHing. U may try the dOnuts there..

aNgIe

Vee said...

aiyo.. Donuts are so HOT these days man and to be honest, i a bit scare liao....

I have already tried the one at Taka, pretty good and easy to eat as it's not too big.

ah fun said...

hi ivy! just had to drop you a comment even though you dont know me all that well! haha.. i foresee the donut craze will end up like the pearl tea and the roti boy craze... soon soon they'd be history! if dunkin donuts didnt survive none other will!!! =)

Vee said...

Hi Ah Fun.. thanks for dropping by... totally agree.. they will soon die out lor.