Monday 30 April 2007

Painful Visit


I was all set to visit the dentist after a long delayed appointment. It was a sunny morning before May Day and thought it would be nice to have a set of new clean teeth from the month of May!

Appointment with the NTUC Denticare was at 10:20am and was early as usual. The clinic was crowded and realized that there were only 2 dentists on duty that day. I was called to the surgery room after waiting for 15 minutes. The dentist checked my teeth and told me that I had to go for a x-ray in order for him to locate my wisdom tooth.

After the x-ray, he told me that my wisdom tooth is in place and if they aren’t bothering me, I should leave them alone for the time being. So, he suggested that I have a deep cleaning for my teeth instead.

I was all excited to have my teeth cleaned and told him that it would be nice if he can have them polished too. Then my nightmare started as early as 11am!!!! 1st, he told me that in order for him to do a deep cleansing, I had to take 3 injections!!! Not one people, THREE leh!!!! The 1st jab, tear rolled down on my right eye and it was damn bloody painful…2nd one was worse!! Needless to say… 3rd jab, I was asking myself ‘Am I still alive’..

I was asked to sit outside after the jab as it took time for the anesthetic to take effects. I was called to return to the surgery room after 20 minutes. The dentist started to clean my teeth immediately and those scraping & sound was totally unbearable! I couldn’t find my lips at all when I tried to rinse my mouth after each session. My lips were numbed and felt like I was having a sausage lips leh… For a moment, it reminded me of the ‘gong fu’ movie that I watched a long time again acted by Tony Leung whose lips was like sausage after he was poisoned… I felt like I was poisoned man..

Right after the cleansing, I wasn’t able to talk as it was still numbed. Though my teeth are much cleaned now, it was a horrible experience and I will definitely keep them as clean as possible to avoid visiting the dentist again.

No comments: