Friday 4 May 2007

Post Secretary's Week Luncheon



Luncheon today was simply great and romantic…

Now... don’t get me wrong. I didn’t lunch with some gorgeous looking guys nor was on a date. It was lunch with my boss. Hahaha… bet you must be wondering what’s so great and romantic about having lunch with my boss unless we are an item…. Nay...

My boss, Minowa-san is a very LOCAL Japanese coz he used to work in Singapore back in the early 90’s and went back to Japan for another assignment after stationed here for 5 years. 3 years ago, he was posted back to Singapore again to be the Department Head of Machinery Dept. Me, without a boss, he became my co-boss for my dept.

Anyway, back to luncheon…. He brought Linda (his secretary in MAC Dept) and me for a post secretary’s week lunch at Botanic Garden. We went to Au Jardin (Modern French) and it was simply a great place for couples and business lunch.

The former colonial residence was cozy, clean and fresh. For couples, do ask for one of the tables on the glassed-in terrace. This place is just perfect for romantic moments. As for the food, it’s delicious too but kinda costly lah...

We all had 4-couse set-lunch. The serving was small but filling and their free-flow freshly baked buns is a MUST HAVE which I had a couple (counting...). It was unstoppable lor... it was so warm when it was served. Waiters were friendly and very attentive (they kept refilling our bread like there we are only having breads for lunch)…

Mmh… I do recommend those couples who are celebrating their dating, wedding anniversary or a secret rendezvous. Great place to dine and couples can find a secret area to … err herm… have slow walks down the garden la… what were you thinking….

2 comments:

baubles bangles and beads said...

Funny how costly luncheons and dinners always taste so good.....especially when one does not have to fork out a cent!

Having said that, at least your boss remembered about the special occasion. All my bosses strangely arranged for business trips during Secretary's Week and was therefore out of town. Hmmm....and I wonder why!

Vee said...

wah.. your boss abit lame lor... anyway, my boss love taking us out as we are sort of his guinea pigs.

But being an guinea pig is quite alright at times la...