Saturday 3 November 2018

Family Gathering

It’s always nice to remember someone’s birthday and it’s even better to celebrate it with them! Today, we invited my family members to our place to celebrate our Gujie’s 87th birthday. We usually try to celebrate her birthday yearly at the restaurant or at our uncle’s place but this year, we are happy to have them over at our place.

Since we are not planning to cook up a feast, steamboat dinner will be best for all and YES, we LOVE steamboat! I always believe that it’s the best buffet ever! Hahahaahah… Hubby and I went to Chinatown to get some vegetables and yong tau foo while my cousins brought over some prawns and fish paste etc…
I was really glad that I managed to bake her a birthday cake though it took me a very long time frosting the cake! I made the brownies and brownies with lemon cream cheese as our desserts at the request of Lady Faith. 
When my cousins arrived and while we are still preparing for dinner, I could see half of my ‘supposed to be desserts’ were already gone. I was really happy with their feedback and they love it as much as my kids.

Over dinner, we chatted and it really seemed like Chinese New Year Eve where we sat round the table at Gujie’s place yearly but today’s was a different occasion. 😊

After dinner, we had the birthday cake cutting ceremony and the kids were excited to dig in to the cake again. Gujie was happy that she was surrounded by her grand nieces and singing her the birthday song was simply warming.
Hereby wishing Gujie a Happy Blessed Birthday and may our good Lord continue to watch and protect you always.

No comments: