Thursday 8 February 2018

Baking Class

I signed up for this course before I left MC and I am really excited on attending this class. I arrived early at the venue finding myself the only student for the day which excites me even more as I will have full concentration from the teacher.

She started off the class by self-introduction and checking if I have any baking background. It was pretty swift and there we started the lesson. She prepared all the ingredients and handed over the recipe to me so that I could follow the instruction while hands on.

We went through the steps slowly and at the same time, she also explained the procedure to me which made me understands better. Although I was hands on, she came around to correct me here and there so that my cake will turn out perfect. It’s really not that easy to have a perfect looking or tasty cake.

When the cake was placed in the oven, I did the washing and started to prepare the icing for the cake which was pretty simple. The most challenging part of the course was rolling up the cake after icing it. It should be gentle and never to rush. She held my hand and showed me how I do so and left me to finish up.

I think I did great. Lastly, we decorated the cakes with caramel and nuts which made the cake looks prettier. This is one enjoyable class and I felt more like a private lesson as I was the only student. Perfect time for learning. 
Shared the cake with family and they gave me a thumps up! Woohoo... let me try to practice this cake again soon. 😋

No comments: