Sunday 29 October 2017

Celebrating Gu-Jie’s Birthday

I am happy that we have this tradition to celebrate birthdays for our elders in our family and that is perhaps why our family is able to stay closed.

Today, we arranged a birthday celebration for our beloved Gu-Jie at our Gu-Jiong’s place as it’s always better to have home-cooked dinner than at the restaurants. As usual, our up & raising chef BG (my cousin) and Rosanna (uncle’s helper) whipped up a fantastic dinner for the family.
With all the practices and effort my cousin BG had put in, it turned out to be a pretty good spread. On my side, I could only prepare cake and desserts as I couldn’t find time to cook. L Perhaps I will compensate for CNY.

The cousins were extremely happy during this meet up and they couldn’t stop hugging each other till we commanded them as it was dinner time. They continued to play after dinner while the adults continued to enjoy the spread.
As we had to leave early for Lady Faith’s ballet coaching class, we had the cake cutting ceremony almost immediate after dinner. The kids were happy to sing their Gu-Por the birthday song and they even tried to help during the cake cutting. Happy that the kids cooperated to distribute the cakes and that allowed us to finish our portion before leaving.
Happy Blessed Birthday Gu-jie!! May the good Lord bless and watch over you always.

No comments: