Monday 8 October 2012

In-house Training

Our old fashion office finally decided to upgrade our Microsoft Office 2003 to Office 2010 and our email system Loutus Notes to Outlook after so many decades! I am really surprised that this ‘branded’ company can be so super ‘SLOW’ upgrading their software!


The IT Dept. kindly organized a training session for all staff and I attended with my buddies today. The training commenced from nine in the morning and should end around five this evening. To be honest, I am somehow quite excited to find out how they have improved for Office 2010. As usual, I was seated with my 2 partner-in-crime and feeling fresh in the morning with 2 interesting topics – Word & Excel. I thought they have improved quite a bit though the page outlook is different.
After luncheon, we returned to the conference room for the 2nd half session. This time, they touched on Pivot Table which was so boring and it was something that I have never heard of! It was found somewhere in the excel and it helped you with graphs and others (sorry… I can’t remember already). I was trying to stay awake as it will be too embarrassing to doze off…
I was somehow awake after the short break and gotten excited over the topic on Powerpoint. This would be my favorite in Microsoft Office. I was really thrilled to see so many interesting stuff you can do using powerpoint. There are so many cool functions and including inserting video into the presentations. Super COOL!

Finally, the instructor touched a little on our upcoming Outlook email systems by just explaining to us some of the basic stuff. It had gotten too dry as we were unable to view it on our PC as we are still using Lotus Notes. It became so dull that I had a hard time keeping my eyes opened… yes, I almost gave up… I tried to keep myself awake by taking pix of my buddies so that we can keep each other awake.., hahaahah… and that worked! WE PULLED THROUGH!
We became super awake and fresh when he gave out our certificates… we graduated!!

No comments: