Thursday 4 October 2012

Dinner Outing With The Girls

I always enjoy spending time with my buddies as we do not meet as often compared to our younger days… Okie… not that we are OLD but now that we have families to take care of, there are lesser chance for me to meet.


Thanks to Threz who organized a dinner gathering tonight at Din Tai Fung. This is one of the restaurants that we love to hang out for their good food. We met at the restaurant and we were lucky that they accepted our reservation.

We placed our orders immediately when we sat down and the dishes were served pretty quickly as it wasn’t crowded! To be honest, I wasn’t sure what my friends ordered as I only requested for 2 of my favourite dishes…
When the dishes started serving at our table, I was really shocked to realise how much food we have ordered. However, we managed to clear all the dishes on our table including a complimentary dessert.
The complimentary dessert was the chocolate red bean paste xiao long bao. Initially, I was feeling with disgust by the description… but when the small bun arrived at our table, it looked really cute and I decided to give it a try since it was FOC. The bun was freshly steamed upon order and the first bite was heavenly… from someone who dislikes chocolates & red bean!

With that dessert, we suddenly went mad! It turned back the clock to the Old School days where we loved to use the chocolate to act as our tooth decay… it was hilarious and in fact, GONE MAD!! I guessed the patrons in the restaurant might think we were drugged!
This is one of the reasons why I enjoyed every outing with my buddies coz’ the outing always left us with fond memories. Love you guys! Thanks Threz for the wonderful arrangements! Till then… better sober up… haaahahahha

No comments: