Thursday 12 July 2007

Movie Screening


It’s Thursday and I received an invitation to go for the World Screening of Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Man… though I am no fan of Harry Potter but guess it would be nice to watch it free as movie tickets are pretty costly these days.

The screening was at Prince Cinema located at the Beach Road. It’s been ages since I laid foot on that building. This very sad shopping mall hasn’t changed a bit since our school days. The car park was really old and narrow. For a moment, I was afraid that the building might collapse.

Anyway, went straight to the cinema as the movie was about to start. At the entrance of the cinema, it was overcrowded with people queuing to enter and to buy their movie bites. The queue for the movie bites was long and taking too much time as there was only 1 counter opened.

Squeezed my way through the door and finally seated. I was uncomfortable the moment I sat down. OH MY GOODNESS!!! There was no leg room. The seats were old, noisy… very narrow.
I couldn’t understand why they attached the drink stand at the back of each seats and not the arm rest. There was already no leg room plus the drink stand, totally no SPACE!

It was a 2 hours plus movie and my legs were in pain! I needed to stretch and found my leg stuck under the seats in front of me! Geezzz… hate the feeling.

Ok… back to the movie… it was alright but nothing fantastic. It’s part 5 man! The graphics and the special effects were good but I simply enjoyed the soundtrack… Daniel Radcliffe is not a boy anymore but a good-looking young man. Errrm... in this movie, Harry Potter is romantically connected with Cho Chang and even had a kissing scene.

Anyway, nothing much to say about the movie coz’ its Harry Potter lor. Guess reading the book might be better off.

No comments: