Tuesday 10 July 2007

Farewell Luncheon For Evon


When I heard the restaurant name 'Aquamarine', I felt like a mermaid but almost became a Merlion...

Lately there were so many farewell & welcome luncheons to attend in my office. It's really sad to see close colleagues leaving and guess more to come!

We had a farewell cum welcome lunch at Aquamarine, Marina Mandarin and the spread was simply fantastic! I wished my lunch time was 3 hours lor!!! The restaurant's ambience was cool and cozy, very comfortable actually.

Let me tell you about the FOOD... there was quite a good spread of seafood like oysters, crayfish, prawns, scallops & mussels. Then we have the good selection of HAMS, salad, salmon, seafood salads etc... there was a quiet sushi-bar where you order your sashimi, sushi etc... drooling yet?

Main course ... Masala prawn, braised duck, broccoli with mushroom, roast beef, fried carrot cake, wanton noodles, steam fish etc… there were so much more.

Dessert wasn’t that fantastic despite their cute desserts display. They had the usual cakes, fruits, fondue, some local nonya kuehs and many mousse cakes! The only thing I trusted was Häagan Dazs ice-cream, it was the safest choice for dessert; you will never go wrong with ice-cream.

It can be quite annoying when you are about to have your favourite ice-cream, you get someone asking if you’re having ICE! Wah lao lor… though I was having macadamia brittle, it’s obvious enough I am eating ICE-CREAM lah! Who will be so silly to have ICE as dessert! Biang eh…..

Anywayz… it was a very enjoyable luncheon with colleagues though it was a farewell lunch for dearie Evon.

Now people, you know why I mentioned that I was almost a Merlion… too much food leads to…

No comments: