Saturday 7 July 2007

An Evening With Friends


Last night, it was another gathering with old pals and usual, we had dinner and head to clubs thereafter. Dinner at Spageddies Paragon was great and enjoyable.

After dinner, we were deciding where to ‘hang’ as the night was still young. Finally we decided to check out the new club which was opened recently at Clarke Quay. I was kinda excited when I heard Clarke Quay! Reason being… I haven’t been there for the longest time. The last time I was there was for an event held at MOS (Ministry of Sound) and that was it. I heard so much about the changes there but sad to say… haven’t been there yet lor.


When we reached there, I was even more excited to see the new face lift of Clarke Quay. It was so gorgeous compared to the previous ‘Satay Club’. It’s very modern, cool and you find people at every corner. There increased of clubs and pubs were well-spread as they are attracting different crowds. It might be the ‘Lan Kwai Fong’ Singapore.
Susan & Me
Cool babes
Vincent & Me
Susan & Vincent

Finally, we settled at ‘The Arena’. When I entered the club, I felt that I was heading for a WWF match due to the name la… True enough, the stage was designed like the WWF ring and they showed WWF videos in the house. Man… I was like… geeezzz... this ain’t the place for me man! Soon after we ordered our drinks, John Molino came up to perform and I simply enjoyed that cool 30 minutes of his performance.

I was brought to the attention by my friends to check out the waiters & waitress there… STOP, not that they are good looking or looking like wrestlers la… We noticed that they replenished their wine, beers, or even ice-cubes by using a pail. YES, A PAIL. My goodness lor… it’s so uncool of them to do that in a club. Then, we saw them passing us a couple of times holding floor mobs. Aiyo... shouldn’t they be doing their cleaning after the clubbers leaves? I really don’t get it. Thank God, we didn’t stay long as we were really getting bored.

I would love to check out the other clubs or pubs at Clarke Quay. Care to join me anyone?

No comments: