Friday 12 February 2021

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy New Year everyone!! The Ox has arrived! Woke up to this beautiful morning and mum hurried to start preparing for luncheon as my cousins will be visiting us on this first day of CNY after hosting them last night for reunion dinner. It’s a busy morning I would say.

 

We are hosting for the first time on CNY 1st day, and it excites the kiddos. they are more than happy to meet their cousins again after a fun time with them last night. They want to continue their play where they had to end as they had to head home. 😊

They arrived on time and brought delicious homemade food for luncheon. We as host, also prepared our share for this CNY potluck. 😊 My mum prepared her famous vegetarian treasure pot and I made Chinese desserts – white fungus with barley, peach gum, and gingko nuts. 😊

We were blessed to have the whole family gathered around the table for a CNY meal given the covid restrictions rules. It was a fantastic and sumptuous lunch, as I always tell my kids – nothing beats homecooked food. 😊

After lunch, we began our CNY greetings among the families. It has been a tradition that we will get the kids to pay respect and greet the elders first and then followed by parents and relatives. 😊 I am happy to pass down this tradition to our kids and they are more than happy to follow and abide with it. Yearly, they will greet the elders and their aunties and uncles a series of good CNY greetings and most of the time, they will reuse it yearly… hahaahahahah


Well, come to CNY dressing up which is my favorite part of all time. I usually like to plan the color scheme for my family and getting new clothes for everyone yearly is such a happy thing to do. This year, I decided we go Peranakan. I have always wanted to own a piece of kebaya and yes… I did it this year. Bought kebayas for me and my kiddos while hubby prefers to wear shirt and pants. 😊 I bought different colors for the kids instead of the same as it will make us stands out with different colors when we are together. 😊


I simply love the colors that we chose and so does the kids as they chose it themselves. 😊 I would love to have my mum wear the same, but she refused as she said that she will be home after the lunch so, there is no need to dress up… hahahaah…


After sending my cousins off, we too set off to my in-law’s place for visitation too. When we arrived, the kids were so happy to see their cousins and started to play with them. We managed to get them settled and greeted the elders and their aunties and uncles before they continue their playtime. We stayed for dinner and of course not missing out to Lo Hei as a tradition too. 😊

Phew!!! What a busy but yet enjoyable first day of CNY. Though we may not be visiting our relatives for the next few days due to the restrictions, we will be able rest and enjoy family time at home.


Happy Lunar New Year everyone and stay safe!

No comments: