Thursday 9 May 2019

Ondeh Ondeh Cupcakes

I have heard about how yummy Ondeh Ondeh Cakes or Cupcakes from my friends who had tried but to me, I am totally clueless. Checked out on the internet and found a couple of good recipes to test out.

Since I am baking a cake for my best buddy’s birthday tomorrow, I took on the Ondeh Ondeh cake for the firs time. The first attempt was quite a disaster and couldn’t help but to bake another one. The first attempt’s sponge cake was too hard and the icing was way too sweet for anyone’s liking.
I was pretty much okay with the second attempt and had to stick with it as I did not have time and energy to bake a third one. I used the left over to make them into cupcakes and I was pretty happy that mum gave the green light to pass.
I tried the cream and it was not too sweet and pretty yummy actually. The cake is still a little tough but I guess I can improve on that. As for the coconut filling, it was yummy! I am finally contended and I hope that my buddy will like it though I do not have much confidence.
I hope to try it out again and look out for my next post in future if I improve yea…. 😊

No comments: