Wednesday 8 May 2019

Hello Bossy!

I was so happy to hear that my ex-boss Yatomi-san will be visiting Singapore again but this time, representing another company. He retired from MC and joined a new company in Japan and I am so happy for him.

He visited Singapore on a business trip and he was so kind to invite us to have dinner with him though he no longer represents MC. I would have to say that not many bosses are like him who wants to keep in touch with ex-staff after they retired or leaves Singapore. I am so glad that he is one of those few who are really super nice.
While it was still early for dinner, my buddy was able to meet to have a short tea with me and so, we went to Tiong Bahru Bakery for our dose. I enjoyed the coffee and food there but it was almost time for dinner so, we kind of restricted ourselves to indulgence. 
Dinner started on time and I was happy to see Yatomi-san and his two new colleagues when they stepped into the restaurant. I was quickly introduced to his new colleagues and they were really nice and warmth people. In fact, I knew one of them, Koide-san for a long time but only through writing while he was seconded to MC last time. We finally got to meet today and he is really a super funny and witty guy!
During dinner, we had so much fun getting to know each other and we talked about how we missed Yatomi-san and the wonderful office environment we used to have as the vibes are totally different now. Many old colleagues had left for better environment while many stayed put waiting for retirement or perhaps retrenchments. Sighz… how sad isn’t it!
Yatomi-san told us that he will try to visit Singapore as often as possible on business and we do hope to meet him again in the near future!

Thank you boss for having us to dinner and we miss you!

No comments: