Sunday 19 May 2019

Jewel Changi

Jewel Changi Airport officially opens its doors on April 17 2019! With 280 shops and F & B outlets at Jewel house in a 10 storey complex, you will be spoilt for choice when it comes to what to eat or where to shop. Add a spectacular 40 m rain vortex and a five storey garden called forest gallery to explore, there are plenty of things to discover at the new Jewel @ Changi Airport.

Yes, after the hype about our new proudest spot in Singapore, we are here to explore this beautiful place. This place is connected to Changi Airport Terminal One and they shared the same carpark too. When we stepped foot on the ground of Jewel, I was welcomed with the beautiful water glass at the basement where they housed most of the eateries and food court. We quickly took a short walk around that basement for some photo taking and decided to have our early lunch to beat the crowd. 
It was too long that we decided to dine at Pow Sing where they are famous for their Hainanese Chicken Rice. We were seated almost immediately though the lunch crowd were slowly marching in. We ordered some of their signature dishes like their chicken rice, Hainanese pork chop, chap cai, fried egg and their sambal kangkong. The food was pretty tasty and we were relieved to see our family enjoying the food though it was slightly pricey for such simple food. Okay… it’s at JEWEL outlet so… guess price has to be high.
Right after our lunch, I rushed to queue up for my MUST HAVE Brown Sugar Deerioca Milk by THE ALLEY. I have been waiting patiently for them to open this outlet in Singapore and I am happy that I was able to get my hands on it. 😊 We took about 15 minutes to queue and waited about another 15 minutes for our drink to be ready. Well, to me, I think it’s all worth it as the drink was delicious! it is unfortunate that they only have 1 size for their brown sugar milk or else, I would want to order the largest size…. Hahaahahahaha
We continued to explore the Jewel and headed up to the upper level. My eyes were opened with joy and pride when I saw how beautiful this place was. It was like a beautiful indoor garden with a huge rain vortex! OMG!!!! I was blown away actually and I couldn’t stop taking pictures of it. There were so many people around and yes, it was hard to take a nice picture with just yourself in it but what the heck, it’s a public holiday so… I trust that almost ½ the Singaporeans were here today. 
The elderly decided to sit around and enjoy the view while we took the kiddos to explore the shopping mall. As we walked, we found that it was too crowded and too big for us explore… I guess we will be back at Jewel when it is less crowded to some exploring and shopping. 
Jewel Changi Airport, simply beautiful and it’s the Pride of all Singaporeans!

No comments: