Tuesday 11 February 2014

My Birthday Celebration

I have always enjoy celebrating other’s birthdays and when it’s my own, I am feeling somehow mixed especially this year when I am stepping into another level in my life…

Though today is my special day and with a significant number… I wanted it to simple and memorable. Hubby knew that I wanted something simple and took us to Pietro Restaurant for good dinner.

When we arrived at Pietro, it wasn’t that crowded as we were pretty early. After placing our orders, we noticed a familiar face near our table and it was Father James who used to serve at St. Anne’s Church. I was so happy to see him and I kept telling hubby that I would like to go over to get a blessing from him but he told me that I should not disturb…

Dinner was perfect as mum and Faith enjoyed the food we ordered. Mum simply enjoyed the risotto we ordered and she mentioned that it was tastier than the Italian restaurant we often visit. Faith was enjoying her cream sauce spaghetti while we had the squid inked spaghetti. We ordered their baked cod fish for the first time and it tasted fantastic!
As we were so stuffed after the full course, we could not find space for desserts but the guys at the restaurant kindly arranged a complimentary lava cake for me after realizing it’s my special day. I was really shy when they even get the people in the restaurant to sing along… hahaahahaha
When we were about to leave, Father James spoke and said that he thought we looked familiar to him. I took the opportunity to walk over to his table and had a little chat. Before bidding goodbye, I politely asked him to give me a birthday blessing and he did it without any hesitation. I felt truly blessed with this little blessing and I believed that saying… “Ask & You Shall Receive”…

Thank you my Lord for this blessed day with my family and for your blessings through your servant. You have made this day so wonderful and memorable as I have wanted it to be.

No comments: