Thursday 21 March 2013

The Alphabet ‘A’

We started to sing or teach Faith A-Z when she was about 1 years old. When she turned about 16 months, she managed to identify A-J and by the end of 18 months, she remembered the rest of the letters.


Not to get us wrong, we weren’t those ‘Kiasu’ parents who want to drill our kid when they are at such tender age but there wasn’t much interesting stuff to do with them except singing the ABC song to her as she got bored with some nursery rhymes.

Now, Faith is almost turning 34 months and she surprised me with her first attempt of writing the alphabet ‘A’. As usual, she will ask for some papers and pens for her to scribble while she is seated on her high chair. She started draw lines and circles on the paper and when it got really messy, she asked me for another piece. I told her that she shouldn’t waste papers like that though they are used ones.

Then she nodded and then cutely asked me my name as if she knows how to write it down. Then after a few minutes, she called out ‘Mama, see… I write ‘A’!’ Hubby & I was shocked but filled with joy that she was able to write the alphabet ‘A’. I guess the school she is attending is really teaching and not just only child care centre.

Well-done darling!

No comments: