Wednesday 27 March 2013

Site Inspection@Carlton Hotel

This morning, I was surprised by my dear buddy Linda who came to office dressed in her pretty black dress. She hasn’t worn a dress for the longest time… about 15 years. I remembered her last wearing a dress was during those days at our old office down on Robinson Road.


I was happy that she dressed herself up for tonight’s site inspection at Carlton Hotel. However, before for heading for the party tonight, I had a mission to complete in the office… to assist changing of office chairs!!! It was a nightmare!!! Samantha & I had to wait for the contractors to fix up the chairs and then we sent those chairs to the departments for a one to one exchanged! We had to make so many rounds as there are like over a hundred staff in my office! By the time it reached my department which was the final one… I was almost a dead meat! It was all worth it as I was all ready for the dinner tonight at Wah Lok after the inspection. Hahahahahhah
After we arrived at the hotel, Bonnie, our sales manager wasted no time and started the inspection immediately. She showed us the necessary stuff we needed to know and then we quickly started dinner at Wah Lok.

The whole restaurant was renovated and yes, it’s great! She placed the orders for us and assuring us that the dishes she chose were their signatures. Indeed, we were already impressed by their starters. The deep fried squid, silver fish & the century eggs. Man… they were heavenly delicious!


Their peking duck was somehow different from the other restaurants. Usually they served with mandarin pancakes but this one, the pancakes were slightly crispy. Very interesting indeed!! Then came the double boiled shark bone soup which was ultra tasty though I was feeling a little sinful as the thought of them killing shark made me sad.

They served duck meat having it diced and stir fried with vegetables. This dish was accompanied by lettuce as a wrap. I kind of like this dish… THUMPS UP! Lastly, to my surprise, I actually enjoyed the soup noodle! It was very tasty though it looked rather simple.
As for desserts, most of the ladies ordered their almond cream with hashima while I had the avocado cream with ice-cream as I was missing the one served at Golden Peony! In my opinion, I still prefer the version by Golden Peony!!!
Wah Lok restaurant has certainly impressed me today and I guess I can recommend this place to my boss for his entertainment. THUMPS UP!

No comments: