Tuesday 4 September 2012

Chocolate Fudge Cake

Everyone knows that I am totally no fan of Chocolate but funny how, people around me just simply LOVE chocolates. I guess I can’t be selfish and plan to learn how to bake cakes that does not involve chocolates.


Well, I decided to make a change and attempt to bake chocolate cake this time. I searched for good recipes on chocolate cake and I chanced upon this recipe for Chocolate Fudge Cake. The picture looked so delicious and I though I might take up the challenge someday.

Brought mum to Chinese doctor this morning as my mum was suffering from backache for a couple days but kept quiet about it. Yes, trying to act hero as usual but her pain was giving her problem and finally she admitted when I questioned. Without any hesitation, I took a day’s leave to send her for checkup at Tiong Bahru which she proposed.

After seeing the Sin Sey, she told me that she felt so much better and I was relieved. On our way home, she was asked me to return to office since it was still pretty early. Of course, I refused coz I wouldn’t know what stun she will perform when I am not at home.

Then, she somehow requested me to bake since I am SO free at home!!! Well, I thought about it and since she wanted to have some cakes for tea, I went out to get the ingredients for baking as she wanted Chocolate Cake after trying the choc cup cake my sis-in-law made a week ago.

I started baking after lunch and it took me about one and half hour for the whole process. The cake baking is simple coz’ it’s sponge cake recipe but the chocolate icing is a real headache and MESS! As I am using the mixer without cover, all the cocoa powder and milk started to splash out the moment it was switched on… my t-shirt was covered with some chocolate fudge which was actually quite disgusting.

After all the drama in the kitchen, the whole cake baking was over and I would say that the whole cake turned out to be quite alright. My family enjoyed the cake especially Faith who was supposed to share with her papa but finished the whole piece instead.

Will be bringing the rest of it to office tomorrow for my dearest buds…

No comments: