Saturday 5 May 2012

First Attempt

Little Faith will be turning 2 soon and it has always been my dream to bake a cake for my child. I have been practicing to bake some cup cakes for colleagues and so far, results were pretty good.

Today, I have finally picked up the courage to bake a whole cake for little Faith’s coming birthday. I am not too open to many choices as most of them are difficult. Faith loves strawberry shortcake which made it easier for me.

Went out this morning to buy flour, sugar and all the baking stuff and while Faith was having her afternoon nap, I started my baking adventure… after an hour of mess, my cake is finally ready for dressing up… I prepared whipping cream & strawberries for toppings and it turned out pretty good though it was difficult to cover the whole cake without a cake turner.

The whole family tried the cake and I was happy to receive good comments… mmmh… I think this will be the cake for Faith’s birthday… *winks*

No comments: