Sunday 20 May 2012

Brownie

This is my 2nd time trying out to bake brownie as I failed the first time. This time, I tried out another recipe taken on the web (as usual) and it turned out not too bad but was slightly burnt… honestly, not as bad as my first attempt which failed terribly!


I am still trying my very best to get familiarized with my oven and I really more practice. After all, I wouldn’t want Faith’s birthday cake to be burnt too! Sighz… I do not have much time left for practices and hopefully I will get to know my oven well soon!

The brownie however turned out to be quite alright though slightly burnt… but it was quite nice according to my colleagues who are my testers… they mentioned that the taste was not too bad despite it was slightly burnt… and some of them like the burnt taste as it was chewy… *winks*

Thank you pals for your wonderful encouragements all these while and I will try to improve on my baking and hopefully the next time you try my cake will be in perfect condition.

1 comment:

Aging Ophelia said...

The key to brownies, honey, is not too bake them too long. It's okay if they are still slightly soft-set in the very center. Howvere, I suspect your problem as a novice baker is, that you're not preheating your oven, which you should do for about 20 minues before baking.

Also, you can't take your eggs, or other cold ingredients, straight from the fridge and use them in most recipes. They need to be at room temperature. If you place your whole, unbroken eggs in a bowl of warm (not super hot!) water for 15 minutes first, they should be ready for use.

It's not really the recipe that guarantees success, but your understanding of the baking process. I suggest that you read the information chapters of a good baking book, such as Betty Crocker, Williams-Sonoma baking book, or The Joy of Cooking, to get familiarized with this kind of baking. Good luck!