Sunday 13 September 2009

Shocked & Heartbroken


Was resting at home after family dinner outing and I received a call from Theresa (my bestest buddy). She sounded usual and as the conversation continued, I was shocked to hear that her son, our dearest Scottie met with an accident earlier that day.

She was in tears when relating the story to me and my heart just sank when I heard that Scottie broke his wrist and he might have fractured his cheekbone too! My tears rolled down uncontrollably and I was at a lost of words! The image of Scottie fell into the 3-4 meters deep drain which caused him to break his wrist and fractured his face sent shivers down my spine!

I kept telling her that Scottie will be fine after the doctor fixed his wrist. He will definitely recover soon though I know that her heart was so painful. After talking to her for a while, I immediately informed our close friends about the accident so that they can pray for them too.

I felt so troubled and uneasy that night and I decided to call her before I head to bed. She told me that Scottie came out of the OT and doctor put a wire in his wrist to help fix the bone. I was more relieved when I heard that he was fine.

Dear Lord, please take the pain away from Scottie and lead him to recovery with your love. Send your angels to be with him so that he will not be afraid. Look over your children Zen & Theresa to calm them from their fears. We ask this in Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments: