Monday 21 September 2009

Alpha Weekend (20-21 Sept 09)


It was another Alpha Weekend but this time round, it was slightly shorter than the previous years. It was a long weekend this year and our first Alpha Weekend began on Sunday afternoon. When I arrived at church, most of my friends were already there setting up the equipments and the tables.





While waiting for our Hot MAMA (Emily) to arrive, both Germaine & I had some fun on our own before getting too serious into our singing…. Hahaahahaha… like real lor! We tested the microphones, the sound systems and checking out the guest.





We started off singing some songs of worship and the talk. Soon after, we had the in-filling session which was simply great! While we were singing and to our surprised, most guest went up to their host to get prayed over… it was such a wonderful scene. At one moment, I was actually sweating in an air-conditioned room while my hands were frozen! I knew that the Holy Spirit was with me and I felt truly blessed.

After dinner, it was entertainment night for the guest too. Each group prepared an item to perform and man… that was really funny! As usual, Uncle Richard and his group stole the limelight and it was indeed a great dance performance by them.







On Monday morning, it was our Part-II of the Alpha weekend. It was a pretty short day as we came together to serve the Lord. We began with songs of worship (as usual) and then by in-filling. While I was singing, I felt the same thing the day before… it was beautiful. I knew the Lord was with me and he has given me a voice to sing though I was suffering from slight sore throat. It was really amazing!





The Alpha weekend ended with the Agape Meal…. It was indeed one very meaningful and lovely long weekend for me… AMEN!

No comments: