Sunday 20 June 2021

Braised Pork Bee Hoon

I have always enjoyed braised pork cooked by my mum when I was young, and I remembered she added noodles when she cooked for our family celebrations or on a special occasion. I remembered the taste of this dish and the pork was really soft and blended in so well with the bee hoon. It was so yummy that you would want a second or third servings.


This dish has been lost for decades since I grew up and especially when my dad left us. That was one of his favourite dishes too as far as I remembered. Recently, I saw this familiar dish surfaced on the internet and it brought me back to my childhood days immediately. I took my mum and she taught me how to prepare it.


I wasn’t confident at first as I am not the best chef for Chinese dishes as they can be complicated due to the ingredients and the sauces. The time management for the temperature is equally important too. Mum stood by me and taught me to cook this lost dish step by step.


I was really surprised that it was actually easier than I thought and managed to have it done in 20 minutes. My kitchen was so aromatic with the smell of this beautiful dish and I was glad that it turned out well. My family and I enjoyed the braised pork bee hoon. Yums… now I can cook this dish whenever I want. Woohoo!!!

No comments: