Saturday 26 September 2020

Lantern Making

It has been years that I have been helping kiddos to make their lanterns when they started their playgroup. When they were younger, the teachers at school will help them with lantern making or perhaps they will get parents to make a simple one so that they can bring it to school for celebration.

This year, being the last year for little pumpkin, I decided to assist her to make a nice one which we can keep and use. :0) Using the leftovers thick ice-cream sticks from making the jewelry boxes for teacher’s day, I came up with a design that might last for a long time. 😊

Little pumpkin has her own idea of what her lantern would look like and I tired to accommodate and finally came out with the design. I used up many ice-creams sticks to make the lantern and after all the printing, sticking and assembling, the final product turned out to be amazing! 😊

I showed it to little pumpkin and she was over-joyed and thrilled to see her lantern. She is so happy that she said that all of her friends will be excited to see and play with her lantern. Well, as for me, I am really proud of myself for being able to create this cool lantern for her in a couple of hours and having it lighted up with a bulb was really wonderful. Now, this lantern is not only for celebration but we can also put into good use. Lady Faith loves it and she wants it to be in her room as a side table lamp. 😊

Woohoo!!! Mission completed and kiddos are happy! Yippy!

No comments: