Wednesday 10 July 2019

My Heart Almost Stopped!

Today I had the greatest shock of my life! While I was in my study room arranging our UK pictures on Photobook, I heard a loud thump and I thought my book shelf has fallen. Then came the voice of Lady Faith shouted that grandma had a fall on the stairs!

I rushed out of the room and saw my mum laying on the stairs with her head on the floor, she was in pain. As I slowly lifted her head and her body up, I felt some liquid on my palms and I didn’t feel good about it. It was BLOOD! I was in panic but I thanked God for Lady Faith who was around and hurried to get a wet tissue to stop the bleeding from grandma’s head.

I left Lady Faith to watch over grandma while I quickly called the ambulance. I went back to check on my mum and changed the tissue to the towel. Lady Faith was so brave that she did not move a bit but kept watch on grandma till the ambulance came.

When they arrived, they did a check on my mum and gave thumps up to Lady Faith for stopping the bleeding from grandma’s cut at the back of her head and they informed that mum was fine and no bones were broken but had to send her to hospital for further checks.

As the ambulance only allows a family member, Lady Faith set off with the ambulance while I headed to the hospital on my own. When I arrived shortly, the doctors were examining my mum and we had to wait for further advise. I was allowed to be with my mum for a short while as I was needed for the admission procedures. I asked my mum if she remembered how she fell and she told me that she missed a step and couldn’t hold the hand-rail in time as she felt blurry after an afternoon nap. I always believed that there is a Guardian Angel in our life and I am really thankful that this angel might have helped my mum in a way or another to avoid her getting serious injuries.

Brought the kids home for dinner and headed back to the hospital in the evening to check on mum’s condition. Was told that she had to be hospitalized as they found blood clot in her brain after the CT scan due to the fall and want to keep watch.

I was worried sick the whole night and my eyes just couldn’t rest at all but I know that our Lord will heal and bless her. My Lord, please heal my mum from her fall and let her be well soon... Amen!

No comments: