Monday 29 April 2019

Meeting Up After 2 Decades

Nope, you are not reading the title wrongly. I am finally meeting up with my ex-boss whom I have not met for about 2 decades. He visited Singapore 2 years ago but time was not on our side and ended up not being able to meet for dinner.

This time, he visited Singapore once again and we made an effort to meet even for a short luncheon which was really enjoyable and fruitful. I finally got to meet his family especially his lovely 16 yrs old daughter Sayaka. She is such a sweetie though she does not speak good English as her parents.
I am very thankful to Takita-san during his tenure in Singapore as my boss for a good 4 yrs and I had a great time working closely with him. He as a boss was fantastic, humble and very warm. Now that I am no longer his colleague, he is still keeping close connect with me all these years. So happy to have such a wonderful boss.
I was really happy that they managed to try new food at Tung Lok this time as they have been going back to the old favourite restaurants which he used to visit during his time here but now many have changed and I am glad that he and his family were happy with what I ordered.

Thank you Takita-san for taking up your precious time to meet up for lunch and I do hope we will meet again soon in Tokyo or in Singapore again soon in the near future.

No comments: