Wednesday 4 September 2013

Our Half Day Adventure

My buddy Leng been suggesting watching the horror movie ‘The Conjuring’ and we finally took half day to watch it. Before leaving the office, Leng actually checked the number of people watching the movie that day and found out only 7 patrons for that particular movie… man… that actually horrified me already!

We went to have our lunch at Central, a Hong Kong Café located at VivoCity. The café is nicely decorated with olden pictures of Hong Kong artistes, retro items like table lamps, radio etc…

Since they claimed that it’s a Hong Kong Café, I ordered their shrimp dumpling soup noodles as I really missed the ones in HK. Leng ordered their chicken chop rice and fried wanton to share while Jessie had the baked rice. 
My noodles tasted pretty good and closed to the ones I tried in Hong Kong. I believed I can bring hubby here to try someday. Leng’s verdict on her rice was not too bad too and so were the fried wantons…
 
After lunch, we went to watch our movie… okay… my verdict for ‘The Conjuring’ was not as scary as I expected but it was my two buddies who went with me that shocked me… especially LENG! The whole time she was making so much noise especially when the evil spirit was attacking the kiddos, she will go… ‘Vee, come already, come already… you saw that…’ Yes, I admitted that I cover myself with my shawl but I was still watching the show and I certainly knew what was happening!
As for Jessie, she was complaining about the kids in the show for returning to their haunted house having known it was Haunted!! Hahahaahah… it was quite funny but yet headache at the same time to be seated between them.

Overall, it was quite a good movie and a good half day spent with my buddies.

No comments: