Thursday 9 August 2012

Zoe’s Birthday Bash

Time flies and little Zoe will be turning 3! Her proud parents invited us to her birthday party at Changi Chalet. Though we know that Aloha has many bungalows but never visited one. It was a little difficult to find the place but we managed.


When we arrived, it was a very big chalet with 4 huge bedrooms on the 2nd floor. Each bedroom can accommodate about 3 couples if you bring your own sleeping bags or float beds. The spacious room somehow gave me some creeps.

The chalet was beautifully decorated and some were busy cooking the food on the BBQ pit outside the house. We were pretty happy that we do not need to be the chef for that night as we were considered guest… hahaahahah…even-though I am part of the family.

I was really excited about the amount and spread of food they have prepared. I took a peak at the BBQ pit and saw some of my favorite foods like satay, ohta ohta, chicken wings, squids etc… the head chef, Josephine (pastor’s wife) was busy cooking while the rest of us helped to send those delicious cooked food to the dinning table.




Apart from the BBQ food, they also prepared fried rice, mango salads, garden salads, fish balls and other cooked food which was contributed by some of their church friends. I have to say that the food that they prepared were delicious!

Since it is National Day, everyone sat around the TV to watch the parade. The main reason for all to watch was to check out if LKY will attend the parade as there were rumors of him passing on before National Day and that somehow stirred up the excitement. The funny part was… everyone went back to what they were doing after LKY appeared on TV looking very much ALIVE and healthy.


We too continued to help ourselves to the delicious spread and I can’t seem to stop eating the honey chicken wings… I enjoyed the BBQ squid, beef, pork ribs and the ohta from Malaysia. My hubby & I can’t seem to leave the food table more than 1 metre… coz’ the food was so good that we can’t stop eating… greedy!!

Cousin Ka Yun prepared Zoe’s birthday cake and gathered everyone at the table. It was an ice-cream cake from Swensen’s and it was pretty. The children were excited when he put the dry ice around the cake and all were so ready to get started.










After the birthday had been sung, we organized for photo session before proceeding to cut the cake for everyone. I was really surprised that the ice-cream cake took so long to cool down and it actually took my cousin quite a big of strength to have the cake CHOP! Yes, I really meant CHOP coz’ it was so FROZEN that we could not cut through but try to have a bigger knife / chopper to cut it. Hubby and church friend saw how hard it took my cousin to cut the cake, they helped him out and finally after struggling for more than 45 minutes, they managed to slice some part of the melting cake…. It was a tasty ice-cream cake but man… I doubt I will order it for Faith’s birthday as it will take long to have it distributed…

Happy Birthday darling Zoe in advance and may the Good Lord bless you always. Thank you cousins for having us to join this wonderful party!

No comments: