Thursday 2 August 2012

During Gathering

It has been almost a year since we last had the durian gathering. We finally managed to meet up for this exciting gathering organized by our very own Philip Lim.


We went to have dinner before the Fruit Party at Ippudo located at Mohamad Sultan which was recommended by Minowa-san. Minowa-san as usual, ordered the dishes for us to share and man… I simply loved all of it.

I was particularly excited to know that they served Yakitori during dinner and there were good varieties to choose from. I left it to the good hands of Minowa-san to order as he never fails to order delicious dishes for us.
I enjoyed the tofu salad as we have tried it the previous time when he took Linda Peh & I to the outlet at Mandarin Gallery. It tasted very good and loved the sauce that they used. He ordered other dishes like the fish roe, pork, onions, yam (which was very nice) and cow’s tongue.


We ordered ramen to share as those dishes will not really fill our roaring tummy. We ordered three types of ramen to share while Minowa-san had one on his own. Yums!

After the sumptuous dinner, we travelled to Yio Chu Kang for the ‘Fruit Party’. When we arrived, I was shocked to see how little durians they had compared to our previous visit. This round, Kai Ye told me that they exported most of the good durians to China and the price for durian is very expensive.
This time, we ordered the D24 which was creamy and nice. The ‘Mao San Wang’ which was kind of bitter and their latest brand ‘Green Bamboo’… it was nice too and the shape of the durian really suit the name as they were long and thin….

Before heading home, I bought 2 durians for my family and hopefully to have enough for me to attempt to bake a durian cake over the weekend.

Thank you Philip, Kai-ye and Minowa-san for organizing this enjoyable gathering. Will be looking forward to the next gathering! Cheers!

No comments: