Sunday 24 July 2011

July Babies Birthday Celebration

There are in total of 5 July babies in my family and we celebrated my mother in law’s birthday about 2 weeks back.

Today, we celebrated the birthday of my father in law, my mum & the most important person in my life, my hubby. Their birth dates are one after another. Mum’s birthday on 26th, Father in Law 27th and hubby on 28th! Totally co-incidence!

We went to our family favorite restaurant Spring Court for dinner and the manager Eric kindly arranged a bigger room for us for comfort as we have kids and babies.





The ‘birthday buns’ were served right at the start of the dinner and it was for good wishes. I would say the buns here were much better than Lee Wah though they tasted the same but the presentation is definitely better here. This time, our so-called cold dish was their in-house special ‘po-pian’. It was everyone’s first time trying and it turned out to be a hit!


The shark’s fin soup was very delicious too and loads of crab meat indeed! Next was the family favorite … suckling pig! I simply enjoyed the suckling pig at Spring Court as the skin of the piglet was really crispy and not that fatty. I would say the meat for the suckling was just as yummy as the skin. Totally heaven!!


The deep fried fish with soya sauce was great too as the fish meat was soft and our little simply loved it… she enjoyed so much that she wanted to feed her dad some… haahahahaah…. Silly! Instead of the usual roasted crispy chicken, we changed it to father in law’s favorite ‘Yu Lan Chicken’. The chicken meat was soft, tender and best… boneless… hahaahah… this dish is very well liked by the elderly.




The chili garlic prawns were very tasty too and though I am no fan of prawns due to my skin issue but it was really good and I couldn’t resist it… mum’s favorite would be the vegetables with mushrooms and dried oysters.




The birthday noodles were served before our ever delicious almond cream paste dessert. To us (hubby & I), the almond cream at Spring Court is one of the best we tried so far. It was smooth, tasty and what’s important, it was served HOT. That is what a hot dessert supposed to be isn’t it?








This time, we bought the cake from Jane’s Cake Station where they are ever-famous for their delicious creamy durian cake. Everyone enjoyed the cake very much and though we had durian cakes for both occasion but we still loved it.












Happy Birthday to my beloved mum, my wonderful father-in-law and my soul-mate hubby! Wishing all of you good health and God bless you.

No comments: