Sunday 17 July 2011

Dinner At The Outskirt

I was browsing through my friend’s blog and came upon this recommendation by her. She wrote about the food and atmosphere which sounded so good and what’s best was… it’s situated very near where I lived.

Discussed with hubby and we decided to give it a try. It was about less than 10 minutes drive from our place to Punggol Marina Country Club. It was our 2nd time visiting the country club but the restaurant is a newbie there.

The restaurant is situated at the corner of the county club near the dock. There were several ships or yachts there and it was a very good atmosphere indeed. They have in and outdoor seats but all diners that evening were seated outdoor which was more cooling.


We ordered a couple of recommended dishes which I read from my friend’s blog. The first one was the Champagne & Stout pork ribs. Mmmh… but I couldn’t taste both the champagne & stout, just the simple tender pork ribs. Not too bad for a start la…

Since mummy is not a fan of meat, we ordered the braised tofu which wasn’t in my friend’s recommendation. It wasn’t too bad at all and was surprised that it was quite a big portion for a party of three. To me, I thought the spinach with 3 types of eggs was the winner. This dish has the standard of Crystal Jade Kitchen; it was really nice and not salty. YUMS!


Last but not least, the crab meat fried rice was really tasty too. I always like fried rice’s rice to be a little bit hard, that was exactly what I expected. I could really see chunks of crab meat with the fried rice and it was really delicious.

When we asked for the bill, it wasn’t that cheap for a party of three. We enjoyed the food but we love the atmosphere though there wasn't enough light when you are seated outdoor. We will likely to plan a family dinner there someday.

No comments: