Saturday 14 August 2010

Youth Olympics Games


It was about a few weeks after the most exciting event of the year ended and I am seriously excited about the YOG which starts officially today. Though I wasn’t really interested in most of the games but it’s the first ever event held; and it’s in Singapore.

I would say that I am really proud that Singapore is hosting this YOG as I think it will somehow motivates the younger generation to do sports and not just playing PC games! The opening ceremony was pretty well done though I wasn’t there physically. However, it can’t match up to the Beijing Olympics ceremony! Oooppsss….

Though our county is tiny but we do have big dreams and I am glad that they have selected Sengkang Sports Hub as one of the venue. I am extremely happy and excited as it’s near my place and bet that my house value will go up… hahaahahah I do hope to watch a ‘Live’ Hockey game at SengKang Sports Hub…

Swimming, Track & Field, Gymnastics, Football are among my personal favourites. I do hope that we as a host nation will be able to get some medals or else it will be such a shame! Go Singapore!

No comments: