Friday 5 February 2010

Department CNY Reunion Dinner

Last year, we had our department reunion dinner at OCBC Center and this year, we arranged it at Si Chuan Dou Hua located at 61st Floor of UOB Building.

When we arrived, we were led to our table by the window where the view from the top was simply breathtaking! This is my second visit to this restaurant and I thought the food was pretty good and giving the beautiful view, it was worth visiting again.





Our starter Yu Sheng was served shortly and the waitress was preparing it for us and spoke some very auspicious phrases which were common. Immediately after she left our table, we stood up and started tossing! It was great and really fun!





The shark’s fin soup with crab roe was simply delicious and I wished I could have a second serving… hehehheeheh…. Then our Sichuan style prawns were served… it was delicious too… LOVE IT!


Well, I didn’t enjoy the steam fish in Teocheow style as I am no fan of FISH! Moreover, I am pregnant and the smell of steam fish made me sick! Roasted chicken, and e-fu noodles tasted normal… wasn’t very POWER la…




After they served our roasted chicken and noodles, we noticed that one dish was missing… that was one of the expensive Abalone with mushroom & black moss. We then informed that one of our dishes was missing and finally they served after waiting for awhile.








Their dessert was their house special Dou Hua (Bean curd). I didn’t really enjoy it as it was kind of weird with some wild flowers in it… overall, it was not too bad but I guess I would preferred to order a-la-carte the next time I visit….

No comments: