Sunday 9 August 2009

Stand Up For Singapore At Toa Payoh

Months back, Theresa broke to news to me that they brought a resale flat in Toa Payoh estate and I was really thrilled by it.

Months later, we were invited to her new place for a casual gathering cum our own group ‘house-warming’. Their new nest were beautiful and I simply loved the EM concept where it’s the nearest to be in a semi-d when the doors are closed. They have an open concept kitchen and man, their rooms were big! I felt really comfortable when I was there and if not for the karaoke session, I will probably bunk in there… hahahaaa (pretend to be drunk)

Anyway, Theresa prepared our favorite ‘SAC’ fried wanton and her mum’s ever popular chicken wings! Though we were supposed to have steamboat for dinner but somehow our dinner started the minute we stepped in… .mmmh… yes, we are pretty well-known to be greedy…


After feeding the kids, it’s the adult’s turn to enjoy the steamboat and beer of course. They prepared so much food and majority were our favorites. There were pork belly, mushrooms, hot dogs, squids, vegetables, beef, yong tau fou, luncheon meat, quail eggs, fresh prawns, fish balls etc… actually lost count on the food she prepared.











OLIM, the modern Oshin

Half way through our dinner, hubby went to entertain the kids and some went to catch a glimpse at the parade. Bird & I were the only ones who actually did the pledge but Bird was more ON lor… hahahahaha…

Back to the steamboat, it was really fun not only to STEAM the food but some of us made our very own dishes like fried chili, fried tau pok, fried mushrooms, etc… man, we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. After dinner, Tricia & I were laughing till we almost got choked while watching Singapore Idol! It was damn funny lah…







At the end of the party, I was puzzled why the two beautiful kids Ethan & Chloe addressed hubby as ‘kor kor aka BROTHER’! We all wondered what happened in the middle…

Thank you Tanz for having us over to your lovely and cozy nest! Thumps UP TP 0256!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

This is a really nice place. I wish I can find a place like dat also. Most maisonette are small. So sian...