Wednesday 25 March 2009

The Beautiful St. Regis

I have heard of St. Regis even before it was officially opened to public and I was actually looking forward to visit since it was really well-known in other countries for its beautiful décor and gorgeous rooms.

I would say that I was really excited to be invited for a site inspection at St. Regis Singapore with my fellow colleagues. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted by the bell boys and the hotel staff at the entrance. The lobby area was simply beautiful and I could feel a sense of importance at the reception (check-in area) where I was served while seated.

While waiting for Leon (our sales manager), we were already mesmerized by their decoration and super quiet lobby. We were then led to the Executive Deluxe Room (their lowest category). The room was huge for a normal deluxe room and man… the décor… was just amazing. The main room was simply cozy and the bathroom… I LOVE IT! It has a separate shower area and the bath-tub was placed in such a way that you could enjoy every moment of your TV program during your bath as there was a built-in plasma TV. Simply luxury!













My favorite was The Executive Suite where the view and room decors were the best! I could imagine myself sitting at the living room sipping red wine & watching sunset. Mmmh.... so relaxing!






We viewed the next category which was named Manhattan Suite & Knickerbockers’ Suite. It was amazing huge and for a moment I thought it was a condo instead of hotel! The view was great and I simply hate to leave that room if I was an in-house guest! It has a separate living area and man… the living area is somehow bigger than my own bedroom! The bathroom… what can I say… simply perfect for your private time. I guess I can be in there for hours…. We were also told that all in-house guests will have butler services and free one hour of wine tasting at the lobby area every evening. How cool is that!














Leon brought us to view their one and only ballroom coz’ our dear friend will be tying the knot at the end of this year. The ballroom was huge and could easily seat about one thousand. Their décor was simple and pillar-less. What I liked about it was the two natural daylight areas where we can dine under the stars… very nice and romantic. Their tables were not the normal boring round shaped but oval-shaped; very interesting indeed.








Before heading for dinner, we checked out the SPA… OMG, it was great! In-house guest are able to enjoy the SPA for free… they provide a wide range of massages (at your own cost) and after a good massage, you will be served with champagne instead of tea. Isn’t it heaven!



After the breathtaking tour of rooms and facilities, we went to their Chinese Restaurant Yan Ting for dinner. Leon kindly arranged their best and most recommended dishes for us. Starters for my colleagues were mixed roast meat and mine was mushrooms with jelly and tou-fu. Very delicious man!


The chicken herbal soup was really thick, nice and good for health. My colleagues were served pork belly (their in-house specialty) and I had cereal cod fish… it was simply YUMMY and would love a second helping… hahahaahaha… Homemade tou-fu with straw mushrooms was next and XO fried rice noodles (their house specialty) & my snapper hor-fun was super yummy too. Dinner ended with the chilled mango pudding.







My colleagues & I simply had a wonderful time touring this beautiful hotel and I would definitely want to experience it… St. Regis Singapore, I would give it a 7-star rating!

No comments: