Wednesday 18 March 2009

Go Italian

Theresa once told me about Jennifer’s hubby Loris opened a restaurant somewhere in the West but have no chance to visit. Last week, my boss Minowa-san mentioned to me that he found out from his friend that a new Italian restaurant at Portsdown Road. The first thing came to my mind… could it be Jennifer’s hubby’s Restaurant? After confirming it with Threz, I made a booking for lunch.

It was our virgin visit to Pietrasanta located at Portsdown Road. The place seemed to be exclusive and quiet. Situated at the corner of a ‘long house’ style building; the décor is really ‘Italian’. When we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by both Loris & his brother Giuseppe.

The nicely but simple decorated restaurant gave us a very homely and cozy feel. With no delay, we ordered most of the recommended dishes like saute clams, anchovies, rocket salad for starters. We enjoyed the fried bread which was really yummy and Linda said that it tasted like our Chinese ‘Hum Chee Pian’… hahahah…





Boss ordered Spaghetti Amatriciana, Tordelli for Linda and I had my usual favorite Aglio Prawns. We tried each other’s food and man… they were all good. The portions were just nice for lunch and with the sparkling water, it was simply awesome. (eeerrrr… with wine will be PERFECTO!)



Though I was really stuffed but how I can resist Tiramisu… one of my favorite. Boss ordered vanilla ice-cream and coffee while Linda continued to enjoy her fried bread with coffee as her dessert.
Home made almond chocolates
Tiramisu

I am sure hubby will like the food here…. Thumps UP!

No comments: