Tuesday 2 September 2008

Yan Ting


It’s another lunch date with our boss and this time round, he brought us to Yan Ting at St. Regis which was so-called known as the new ‘SIX STARS’ hotel worrrh….

Well, I was extremely excited to visit this hotel as I have never been there. When we arrived at the entrance, my impression was like… ‘woww… I felt like Vivian in Pretty Woman’… and when I entered the lobby, it was nice but somehow I felt COLD! Aiya… not the air-con that was too strong la… it’s too quite for a hotel! I was surprised that there were neither check-in counters nor any other service counters nearby… I wondered why and where the hell they check themselves in. Overall, I could only say that it’s a very nice, quiet stylish hotel.

We lunched at Yan Ting, their one & only Chinese restaurant. It was located on the 2nd floor and décor was gorgeous and quiet. I could figure out the quietness as there were only 3 tables occupied during lunch, man… can you beat that!


We were ushered to a cozy table where tables were separated only by curtains. It was indeed interesting décor and environment but somehow the service wasn’t that fantastic. After placing our dim sums orders, Linda asked for chili padi but they took quite a while to serve. Only after reminding them, they told us that it had ran out of it and they were cutting the fresh ones then. I was taken by surprised for that sort of service in a so-called SIX STARS hotel lor.

Minowa-san ordered quite a bit of dim sums to share. Despite the poor service, the food was considerably good but not fantastic. I enjoyed the Sichuan soup that boss ordered but not the char siew buns and the pig’s trotter in vinegar. It was rather sweet instead of sour. Sigh…totally disappointed man.
Deep Fried Dumplings
Steam prawn dumplings
Char Siew Buns
pig’s trotter in vinegar

Heading there again… I guess not unless it’s FREE!

No comments: