Saturday 14 June 2008

Bali Here We Come



It’s been 2 years since I last visited Bali with my buddy Hairon. This time, I travelled with my beloved hubby and this is his 'virgin' trip to Bali.

We were onboard the Singapore Airlines on a hot Saturday afternoon and I have to tell you, SQ is no longer the ‘best’ airline. You might be wondering why or perhaps you have already heard so much horrible stories about their services.

Okay, 1st of all, the captain’s onboard our flight simply CANNOT make it. His ENGLAND was horrible and wasn’t professional at all. 2nd, the stewardess who were serving the meals on my side actually COUGH onto my coke and sneezed near it after changing my 1st cup! I demanded to change it again and she was apologetic about the incident. That should never happen on SQ flight or on any flights. If you unwell then stay home lah… why spread your bloody germs onboard!

3rd, the worst of all, the landing!!!! My goodness, though we are all excited about heading to Bali but there’s no need to land with a BANG lor… The landing of the plane was terrible and even the 2 Japanese ladies beside me thought it was a BOMB!!! Haaaahhhaahah….

After our arrival at Mercure Hotel Kuta, we headed out straight for some shopping and dinner at Bubba Gump. I have been to Bali for a couple of times and I led hubby to places that I have been and known. At Bubba Gum, hubby ordered cheese fries, his seafood linguini and mine’s the shrimp cream linguini.

Right after dinner, we went to do some shopping at Kuta Square and it was really crowded. The streets were filled with tourists from all over the world. Along the Kuta Square, there were many surf shops like Quick Sliver, Billabong, Rip Curl, Surfer Girl; Roxy etc… some items were on sale up to 70%. It’s definitely a shopping paradise for surfers.

1 comment:

baubles bangles and beads said...

Seemed like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself!!! hey, but then again, its BALI!!!!

I love love LOVE BALI!!!

ps. memories of our virgin trip came flashing back!!!!