Tuesday 17 August 2021

Yam Tart

I have always wanted to make tarts but did not get down with it till today. I chanced upon a recipe on FB and it looked easy and simple to make. I bought ingredients in advance especially took time to find the Thai Yam which is highly recommended in the recipe as they are soft and sweet.

 

I am new to tart making and took me quite a while to get it done and it was messy everywhere… well, after the pastry is done, and the yam paste is ready, it is time to put them together (that is the best part of the whole process).

After allowing the tart to cool for about 5 minutes, I tasted it, and it was pretty good but I think there are many rooms for improvement as the Yam paste is kind of blend (maybe more sugar should be added) and the pastry was not to my ideal texture. I will try to try this tart again after mastering the tart pastry. 😊

No comments: